As everyone knows by now WordPress.com went dark and in the process took down some fairly big blogs in the process. Among them was TechCrunch, Fortune and oh my god … the LOLcats. Now that is the terrible part of the whole episode as doing without our LOLcats just isn’t allowed folks.
Anyway WordPress.com is apparently back up and the world has been saved once more from LOLcat deprivation and we could continue on with the show.
Other topics covered include Apple and Google ad war looks to be attracting the attention of the Feds – which it should. This of course is on top of the Feds deciding that since a whole bunch of fairly important people are using the iPad they had better looking into the security breach that released 114,000 email addresses and ICC-ID of those people.
Most importantly though both Sean and I wondered if 5,500 years from now anyone would care about our shoes – or Zuckerberg’s cryptic hoodie.
Posts mentioned in the show
- FBI Opens Investigation Into iPad Security Breach – Main Justice
- Google Kills Its Homepage Background Image Experiment Early – TechCrunch
- Judge limits DHS laptop border searches – CNET News
- Feds eye Apple-Google ad war – Fortune
- 5,500-year-old leather shoe is oldest ever discovered [Mad Archaeology] io9
Enjoy the show
Hey, like this post? Why not share it with a buddy?Tweet