As Sean continues his wild holiday somewhere in the US Paul and I carry on the fine tradition of Techmeme Friday tear down of the headlines on Techmeme as we make fun of them at the same time.
We also had some fun with a rumor about Sean receiving something at his hotel room that he then started playing with, but we’ll leave that to your imaginations – unless of course you want to share your warped thoughts as to what he is playing with. If you do just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share them on the Monday show.
Headlines referenced to in the show.
- Apple, Google, Others Settle Antitrust Probe Into Their Hiring Practices – paidContent
- Video of Zuckerberg’s chat with Oprah today – The Next Web
- Eric Schmidt: Forget Apple, Facebook, Bing’s Our Biggest Problem – Silicon Alley Insider
- Zynga finalizing biggest S.F. office lease in years – San Francisco Chronicle
- Facebook Blames Outage On Database Failure – Information Week
- Scrabble Is First Paid Game App for Kindle – Gadget Lab
- The Microsoft Tanker Has Turned and You Ignore it at Your Own Peril – NewsGrange
- Discover Facebook Pages – Facebook Blog
- Sony Ericsson Is Planning No New Symbian Products – Bloomberg
- Apple issuing refunds for Apple TV rush orders, citing delay – AppleInsider
- The Rise of Reddit: 4chan and Digg Get the Credit While Reddit Booms – The Awl
- Google’s Extremely Bizarre Pizza Video – Mashable!
- Windows Phone 7 will not be able to tether after all – Boy Genius Report
Enjoy the show