Yes folks it’s that time of the week – Techmeme Friday and all the hilarity that it entails which some weeks is more than others. On that scale this week is pretty good with plenty of sacrificial headlines to be slaughter on the alter of punditry.
Some of the headlines from this week’s Techmeme that came under pointed ribbing.
- HP CEO Mark Hurd Resigns – HP
- Beatles and iTunes Deal Still at Impasse — Yoko Ono – Reuters
- Here’s the Big IPO You’ve Been Waiting For: Demand Media Files With the SEC – MediaMemo
- Best Buy’s CTO Tweets Out Pics Of A Rocketfish Tablet. Seriously, A Best Buy Tablet. – CrunchGear
- Bill Gates: Better software modeling is a key – CNET News
- Google and Slide: building a more social web – The Official Google Blog
- Facebook on ‘lockdown’ as it prepares for war with Google – VentureBeat
- New ASUS Windows Phone 7 Device Appears in Pakistan – pocketnow
- AT&T Downplays iPhone Pact Risks – Wall Street Journal
- MTV loses Web videos from Universal Music – Media Maverick
- The Irish Red Cross Sues Google To Silence Anonymous Blogger, Amplifying That Blogger’s Message – Techdirt
Enjoy the show.